1) Exfoliate! The best I find are exfoliating gloves, you can buy them at the dollar store even, very inexpensive. Before you turn the water on in the shower just quickly sweep it over your body to help release any dead skin.
2) Moisturize! Keeping the skin soft and smooth after you exfoliate is the key to keeping your skin from looking bumpy and red
3) If you've already gotten a pretty sore ingrown hair use this quick remedy to cure them:
1 tsp honey
1/2 tsp olive oil
2 aspirin pills (desirably uncoated, but they can be diffult to find so if you have clear coated ones, i find sprinkling a little water on them helps to break them up)
1. Crush up the aspirin pills
2. Mix the ingredients together and apply on to the infected area.
3. Just put a dot of it on and leave it. Who cares if it gets on your clothes you're gonna wash it anyways! Think of it as zit cream.
*The honey is anti-bacterial, the olive oil is moisturizing and the aspirin will bring the swelling and redness down making it easier for the hair to break free from under the skin*Keep doing this a couple times and it will come around!
Hope you enjoyed today's tip and learned something amazing for your future health and wellness!