Pages

Thursday, June 28, 2012

My June 2012 in Pictures

So this past month I've been working a lot of weekends which really sucks. Work is getting in the way of my personal life is all I'm saying. So i've been trying to take advantage of the rare weekend days I have off by doing fun and different things....and looking good while I do so. If you remember from my Valentines Day post, I barely go out as much as I used to anymore so when I do I feel the need to look super cute. My only regret is that I don't take full body photos. You see i'm not really as much of a camera whore as I should be. I'm just lucky my husband insists on taking photos all the time otherwise i'd probably never. Something about pulling out a camera and taking photos of myself makes me all self-conscious. But I've been loving Instagram lately. Something about it just makes one want to snap candid photos and share your daily delights with your friends and apparently, random strangers as well. Anyways here are some photos of the highlights of the month of June for me.

@ Revolotion Night Club. My outfit: Black "Chanel inspired" jacket (H&M), Silver and black dress (Vero Moda), White & Rose Gold Watch (Michael Kors)
 There's always that one bar in your hometown that you can always go back to. You'll always run into people you haven't seen in years, it never fails. One Saturday night after getting off work at midnight, a small group of us decided to venture in that bar and ended up having an awesome night.

@ Langdon Hall. My outfit: Brown Skirt (Forever 21), Blue Cardigan (H&M), Glasses (Chanel)
The next day, after a long night out we begrudgingly set off on our high tea date at Langdon Hall. This was a belated bridal gift from my maid of honour and also my first time at high tea. The tea was must needed for our weary hangovers and the little sandwhiches and desserts were super cute. It was a lot of fun and note to self no late partying the night before for next time.

@ Minh Tuyet & Huy Vu Concert. My outfit: Grey bustier (FCUK), Blue floral mullet skirt (Forever 21), Khaki Ostrich shoulder bag (Aldo Accesories)

I grew up with a lot of Vietnamese friends so in other words, I grew up going to karaokes and raves all the time lol. But now that we're all grown, busy with our own lives and families, it's been awhile since our last outing. For one of my friend's birthdays we went to a Vietnamese concert in town featuring Minh Tuyet and Huy Vu. They are like your classic Vietnamese singers from back in the day. It was alot of fun hanging with all my friends and jamming Viet style like the old days. I got a quick pic of Minh Tuyet signing autographs. I gotta say she looks completely different in real life, but she's got an amazing voice live.
Minh Tuyet
Considering I only had 1 Saturday off this month, I think I made the most out of June. Here's to July. Happy Canada Day!

3 comments:

  1. brow chika wow wow Wow! you look so pretty, girl! and sigh.. work sucks, right? and yes.. especially when youre a student! but keep on keepin on <3 hard work pays off <3 hope that you are doing well darling face!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there, thanks for the lovely comments on my blog <3 in case you were wondering, the black and white top was from H&M (I loved it too so I just had to ask!) Happy Canada day as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you look so cute! Working sucks especially being a student! hopefully you'll get a 9-5 so you can get your weekends back!

    <3

    Niki

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good