Pages

Monday, April 30, 2012

Beauty Exposed is a Smash....Smashbox that is!

I recently purchased the Smashbox Beauty Exposed set and I'll be completely honest.....the model totally sold me. She is DAYUM HOT! She's the type of model that could shave her head and she'd still be a Numba 1 Stunna!

Smashbox Beauty Exposed 5 Must-Have products $50
See what I mean? She's so hot!
So there's 5 "Must Have Beauty Products" in this little set.
1) Blush Rush in "Peony"
2) Photo Finish Foundation Primer 12ml
3) Eye Liner in "Stone"
4) Lip Ennhancing Gloss in "Starfruit"
5) Beauty Exposed Palette including 4 eyeshadows and 1 Soft Lights powder

1) Beauty Exposed Palette 2) Blush Rush in Peony 3) Eye Liner in Stone
I purchased this set because I am doing my own makeup for my wedding and was looking for something easy and all-in-one to use for the big day. This set is nice because it has a nice pink blush and soft pink gloss that is classic and timeless. Also the colours in the palette are so basic and neutral I can easily achieve a soft day look and intensify it for the evening.

Verdict
  • Colours are pigmented and complement each other well
  • Products are of high quality 
  • Can be used for simple everyday looks as well as dramatic evening looks
  • Other than the Photo Finish Foundation Primer, none of the products are carried in the regular Smashbox collections
  • Colours are geared more towards lighter skin tones, not so much for darker skin tones
Result: 9/10 
Basically if you feel you will use at least three of these items on a regular basis then definitely purchase the set. If not you should probably pass on it.

6 comments:

  1. Oh this looks so lovely. How much are the pieces when you buy them separately? I love the colour of the blusher and that they are suited to light skin tones as I am light myself! It seems like a good deal to get it all for $50 though. Good luck with doing your own make up for your wedding :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The primer and lipgloss is a smaller size than the one that retails regularly. But the blush is about $24 and they have eyeshadow trios for $28. Unfortunately they don't offer the colours in the Beauty Exposed set on a regular basis so you got to snatch it while it's out haha.

      Delete
  2. ive been wanting this for a while now!! looks so nice!

    www.myladyboudoir.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello dear! Thanks for the comment on my blog :) I bought the Fresh lip balms at Sephora. I don't know of any other place that sells it...you can always visit the online store to get your hands on one. Its expensive but very effective :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhh I should really try this then :D:D
    http://spliffedcookies.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. 9/10? whoa.. this is something i should get my hands on then =)
    hope you are well darling face!! <3 james

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good