Pages

Friday, March 30, 2012

Organize the way you Make up!

For the longest time I was getting ready every day on the floor, basically in the dark or at best crappy lighting. I knew I had to do something about it but just never got around to it. That was until I stumbled upon msTapioca. She had built a vanity of her own and I loved the idea. Very simple and basic yet quite functional. Here is the link to her post:

msTapioca diy ikea makeup vanity

So here is the very embarrassing before photo of my ``vanity``

This was pretty much how it went down for the past few years. Prior to that it was me with all my junk on the tiny bathroom counter hovering over my sink.

TADA! So much better! I purchased the same shelf (Ekby Gruvan shelf) and legs (Vika Curry legs) as msTapioca but in black. I just got a different mirror than hers. My mirror is the Ekne Mirror.  Everything is from Ikea.

I also purchased this Vasen Vase from Ikea for $1.99 and filled it up with glass beads from Michaels. I use this as a makeup brush holder. I got this idea when I went over to a friend's house and thought it was neat and pretty. One of my first ever posts was Cats Love Makeup Brushes, where i discovered my cat liked to lick and play with my makeup brushes. This was mostly in part because I kept my brushes in a very low and accessible area and displayed them in a way that said "come eat me!". That was when I was living at home. Now I live on my own and have a new kitty of my own and found he did the same thing! So this new brush holder helps to keep it away from kitty's mouth. He still finds a way there but it's not as appealing to him anymore.

I got this mini shelf container from Dollarama. I put all my little odds and ends like bobby pins and elastics in here to keep it neat and organized. I used to always have to hunt for hair elastics and bobby pins. No more!

This is the Godmorgon box with compartments, perfect for holding all your makeup. This is seriously the bombest most illest organizer i've ever had for makeup lol. I put all the makeup I use most often in here and it seriously makes me life a lot easier. No more digging for stuff and it looks nice and neat too. Best investment EVER!

I just wanted to give props to msTapioca again for posting this brilliant idea, it's seriously made my life a little bit happier. I still have to work on better lighting but that's another task for another day. Check out her blog everyone because she's got a lot more neat ideas as well!

7 comments:

  1. I love how you now organise your make up, it looks so neat and professional! I wish I oculd think of a good way to store mine, it's currently everywhere! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that mirror on your wall!

    delicatelyfierce.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. honestly i need help with my organization, girl! i'm soo messy and i hate that but i blame it on downsizing my house haha. i'll check out those organizers because i need some in my life ;-)

    x james

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hai.

    new post-sugarlips♥mfashionfreak

    Happy Easter and thanks for your lovely comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oo wow soo nice i love your make up section^^ and th mirror is soo pretty i want one^^
    Mi_Mi
    x
    Mi-Miworld.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! Need you to organize my makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh dear your vanity looks so stylish, very beautiful now! ^^ love it.

    Thank you for stopping by. :)

    Satu
    Indie by heart

    ReplyDelete

Tell me something good